Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Pop and birthdays

Hey Adam, this update is for you. :-))
What have I been up to? I've been knitting. I finished David's Harry Potter scarf, and Miriah's mittens. I started a pair of fingerless mittens for me, a scarf for Erik, and ripped out one I was working on for Kelly. I just don't like it, so wasn't working on it... I don't like the one I was making for Miriah either. With as much yarn as I have, I can be picky.
My mac went on the fritz again, so Mick fixed it for me. YAY MICK! And I even have wireless internet again. It's such a pleasure.
Kelly and I went to see New Moon on Thursday, it was a blast. We waited in line for quite awhile in the cold; Kelly was first in line.
Erik James Peterson, my terrific middle child turned 23 on Nov. 21st. We had a big group come over and I made the enchilada dinner and a cheesecake... I made the one Dale always got for his birthday. I'm glad to start making it again. On Sunday, we had another big group come over and I made a big breakfast buffet. Again, fun.
My Dad is here visiting, and we just celebrated his birthday today. I made him a carrot cake and then we went to the Hangar for dinner. In between the carrot cake and the Hangar, I made 8 pies. That's a lot of pies! We're having about 20 people for Thanksgiving dinner; we are having it tomorrow night since Erik and Steve have to work on Thursday.
OH! I forgot.. my table is done and in the house. :-) It is so beautiful.. I'll post a picture of it tomorrow.
Here are all the pictures:



I made everyone come outside on Sunday after our breakfast buffet. I had to have Pop in the snow. I love this picture. :-)

Tonight at the Hangar.

Kelly, waiting in line for New Moon. :-)

The gang at Erik's birthday


The 9 foot Harry Potter scarf
Miriah's Mittens

2 comments:

Adam Weed said...

Thank you Janet! I just love getting on here and seeing when people update their blogs, gives me somthing to do!

Hannah Hosh said...

I agree with Adam! Love all your knitted items, and the photos of your dad and your boys in the snow is just hilarious.