Thursday, November 26, 2009

Thanksgiving!

It's midnight, and will soon be Thanksgiving for most people. We had ours tonight. It was so much fun. I baked 8 pies yesterday, and then got up and made a lemon meringue pie this morning. Dad and I were talking about the Thanksgiving dinners we had when Mom was alive, and I had to make her lemon pie. First one I've had in over 10 years. We ended up having 24 people over for dinner. We put my new big 9 foot table and our old one in the den, and Steve built some quickie benches. It was wonderful. I love having so many people over sharing food and laughter. Now however, I am really tired. Crazy I've eaten tons of dairy laden foods and have been cooking for two days tired. But happy. Really content and thankful to have so many wonderful friends and family. I miss my boy Tim and Katie though.
Anyway, a few pictures from tonight. I was going to make everyone get together for group pics, but seriously. Too many people and crazy tired. :-)))










1 comment:

Dumaops said...

Thats amazing Janet! What a family!