Friday, June 10, 2011

June happenings

June has been amazingly beautiful, hot and sunny.  I haven't seen much of it except from my window or from my car as my back is really bad.  It's been this way for almost 3 weeks; I've been to the chiropractor 4 times, and have had an MRI and ex-rays. 
 I have 3 discs with tears, 2 discs with medium bulges, 1 disc with a big bulge and one area where my spinal cord is protruding. I have spurs that are pressing on nerves and arthritis.  One of my discs is pretty much gone, and my sacrum is pointing the wrong direction and squashing a vertebra.  Ugh.  My chiro says I need 6 weeks of physical therapy, 6 weeks of once a week massage and adjustments. After all that we will reevaluate; if I am not better I have to go to an orthopedic.  I don't want to do that!   Oh, and no lifting of anything at all, not even my purse.  No grocery shopping.  No picking up Eleanor. :-((   I am not a happy camper, and neither is my back.  I am going to send my results to Dr Huffman so I can have 2 opinions.  God is in control and can heal my back or give me the ability to deal with it.  So I am ok.   My only really big bummer is I might not be able to go to Cordova.  I WANT to go to Cordova.  We shall see.

Pop and Shelly came to Juneau for a month long visit, they got here last night.  Here are some pics!



















No comments: