Monday, December 24, 2007

Christmas Eve

It is early on Christmas Eve morning.. at least it's early for me, 7:30! I'm sitting at the table waiting for a package to arrive, and enjoying the morning. I have my coffee ( which sadly I have to give up ) my book of lists, and my Bible. I haven't been reading my Bible as I should, and it is showing in my life. Thank goodness God doesn't give up on me, He is so faithful.

I've had some Christmas cd's on, the occasional Christmas movie, I've decorated and baked. I've shopped and wrapped. It just hasn't felt like Christmas to me until last Thursday night. We had our usual dinner at Church, but instead of a study we sang Christmas songs. Oh it was so wonderful. Such a feeling of love and family, we all just loved God and Jesus together. I am so glad I went.. ( I was thinking I was too busy and couldn't squeeze it in, but God knew better) ... I hope we do it again next year.
Now it is Christmas to me.. I just needed to put my focus where it should have been all along, on Jesus.

Today will be a day of food, music, and family and friends. We always do the same things on Christmas Eve, a tradition I've had since I was little. It makes me miss those that can't be with us, My Dad, Shelly and her family, Bill and his. My Tim and Katie.
My Mom and Dale, who are in Heaven. But it also makes me appreciate those that are here, I love you all.

Emmy is asleep at my feet, and Max is asleep on the couch. David is at work and Erik is asleep. The house is quiet, and my coffee is finished. Time to begin my day.

ps... how about a picture??





No comments: