Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Homer webcam

Well, I'm almost halfway done with my Homer trip. The weather has certainly changed from when I arrived...I take a picture from my balcony each day it's different. Today is just like yesterday, chilly with clouds that come and go. It is more sunny than Juneau, but I still like Juneau better. Good thing since I'm not moving here. :-)

My treatments are going okay, they make me extremely tired and shakey, I'm glad I can just come back here and veg out. I did drive down to the spit on Saturday, it is so different in the winter; I'll go again this weekend and take some pictures.

I've been reading in Isaiah and 1 John, the Lord is so wonderful to always have something to say to me, even when He's telling me how I'm not abiding in His Word. I am so glad He is patient and faithful. How terrible it would be if He just quit calling me, quit causing me to turn to Him. I must remember to thank Him for the bad along with the good in my life.
Now for the webcam portion of this post:


I arrived in Homer right before a WINDY, snow storm. I wish you could see how much blowing snow there was..there were times I couldn't see the sign to my hotel.
The morning after the snow storm..I can almost see the mountains across the bay. Oh, and that yellow building on the right.. it's a health food store with the most amazing soups. Yum. And finally, after being in Homer for a week, here is what I remember of it. Beautiful! I forgot to take my camera with me when I went for my drive to the spit, you can just imagine how pretty it was.
Sunset the same night...

This was taken last night, again from my balcony. That is the Spit, in the left half of the picture.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Very pretty pictures. Nice blog.