Sunday, November 2, 2008

birthdays and God's love

Well, yesterday was my 48th birthday. It was mostly a wonderful day. Shelly bought me some lovely large sunflowers, and a vintage green bracelet. We went to Erik and Miriah's for dinner.. she made Guatemalen tacos and rice, and an apple pie. It was wonderful. Shelly, Kate, Caleb, Jacob and I were there, and we all had a nice time.
The day ended with Steve and I at the hospital with Erik again. Miriah called me around 9:30 to tell me that Erik had been in a car accident and was at the ER. I thought she said he was fine, but was complaining of a hurt wrist. So I was content to wait till Steve got home from work to go and check on him. Turns out it was his ribs, back and head that hurt. He has a skull fracture, a damaged spleen, and 3 broken ribs. When we got there Karla and Miriah were praying for him, and Brian Ewing came shortly after. I was struck this time how much he looked like Dale, and had the memory of seeing Dale in the hospital in Dallas, but then I remembered that God is faithful to protect and care for Erik, and is always with him. God is my strength. Erik was medivacted to Seattle since they have neurosurgeons, and is in ICU right now. Miriah called and said that his head injury hasn't worsened, but his spleen is still bleeding. They are saying that he will probably have to have his spleen removed. Again, all I can do is pray for him and trust God. Erik couldn't remember the accident yesterday, but it is now coming back to him.. he remembers swerving to miss an animal in the road and hitting a patch of ice. We'll see what the insurance company says about the car.
To end on a happy note, here is a blurry picture of all us at Erik and Miriah's house last night.




No comments: