Thursday, November 13, 2008

God is good

Today is a beautiful day, the sun is peeking through the clouds and it's chilly.  Our wood stove is heating our house nicely and the house is quiet.  I'm just about to go to work, but wanted to send out an update on Erik. 
Steve and I went over to his apartment yesterday, he is doing better.  He's taking less pain meds, so he hurts more, but his appetite is coming back.  I may get him hooked on some of the tv shows I like... they don't have cable so I took him season 1 of Criminal minds; I love this show.  He texted me last night asking if I realized that the guy is Ineago Montoya from Princess bride.. and that everytime he sees him he thinks " hello, my name is Ineago Montoya, you killed my father, prepare to die.  Isn't if funny how one role determines how we remember someone?By the way, his real name is Mandy Patinkin.  
Anyway, he likes it.  
Onto God's amazing faithfulness, some of the correctional officers at the jail were donating leave hours to Erik so he can get a paycheck, but the higher ups said that Erik couldn't receive them since he was so new on the job.  Well, one of the Sargent's kept pushing and working on it, Thank you Sgt. Busby!, and last night they set a precedent and said that Erik would be able to get them.  So he's going to get a paycheck for all this time he has missed work.  We are all so thankful to how God works.  I'm so amazed how He continually watches over us.  I mean I know He does, but when I keep seeing it it makes me realize how I can take Him for granted.  

now I must get ready for work...
but before I go,   HAPPY LATE BIRTHDAY SUE!!



1 comment:

TheConrads said...

Janet! We will be praying for Erik. Praise the Lord for His awesome provision. I love your blog and it is soooooo nice to see your beautiful face. Your hat and scarf are fabulous! Love, Calley