Thursday, June 18, 2009

How about some happy flowers?

I love flowers. Steve loves tomatoes. And peas. And radishes and lettuce. Oh, and onions. He has had tomatoes growing in our big window in our room. I wasn't sure how I felt about them taking over the entire window area (it's really big), but I have decided that I am really ok with it. I get to eat all the yummy tomatoes. I had only had little cherry ones, until a few nights ago when one of the big ones was ripe. Oh my goodness.. the best tomato I have ever eaten. I offered my 2nd window to him. :-))
The peas, radishes, lettuce and onions are growing in our front yard. They are really cute. But I still like my flowers. Here are a few pictures of them.








And this last picture Steve took of me so I could send it to my Dad. I just LOVE these flowers, what are they???

3 comments:

TheConrads said...

Hey Janet! Someone once told me that those flowers you're sitting in are called "Sweet Rockets". They come in white and that pinky/purple color. Your pictures are beautiful. Glad you're enjoying your summer. We miss you!

Sherrie Jo said...

Janet, I love your pictures. I love your subjects. I love your blog. I love you! I've put Felix's picture on my computer desktop. Can't wait for everyone to see him! Thank you, Thank you.

Janet said...

Well Sherrie,
The feeling is so mutual. You are one of my most favorite people. I love you too. I wish I could have been at your surprise party, but our Father's day dinner ran too late. We bumped it from Sunday cuz I was sick.

And Calley, I sure miss you! Come for a visit!!