Wednesday, June 24, 2009

A perfect day

Today was such a good day. I woke up not tired, and got to work on time. That's a big deal for me lately, just ask Brian. :-) The sun was shining, and there was a lovely breeze. I so wanted to go for a walk or something, but I knew that Steve was busy with some projects. When I got home, he sweetly said he could finish the projects later, so lets go do that Treadwell walk I've been wanting to do. I've been wanting to go there ever since Hannah first told me about it, and the pictures she had on her blog sent me over.
So into his truck we went. We ran a few errands for work first, then to Treadwell. I took lots of pictures...I know you are surprised by that. :-) Here are some.This is one of my favorites from today.

Steve got me to climb up a sorta trail to get a better picture of the waterfall. I am very afraid of heights, but I did it. Yay.

Aren't these lovely? I don't know what they are, just found them on the trail.
And these little lovelies.. just growing in the sand.






After we got back to the truck, we just drove around Douglas.. it is such a sweet, quaint town. I love it. And my Juneau, I really do love this town. I feel like I fit it so well. We ate at the Thane Ore house, yummy! Went outside and looked at the water and took more pictures. See?




We finally got home, and got to see our loud, happy dogs.
I love my sweet husband for dropping the to do list and just playing with me. I love the beautiful forest, ocean, everything God created.
Today was such a perfect day.

5 comments:

Sherrie Jo said...

Great pix Janet. The waterfall area is the "Glory Hole" from the mining days. The soup kitchen is named after that. Also, the little brown flowers are called Chocolate Lilies. Isn't that a great name for them?

Sherrie Jo said...

Oh, and the little purple ones are Beach Peas.

Anonymous said...

Janet,
Loved your shot of Treadwell. Did you happen to sniff the chocolate lillies. No. I guess not or you would have commented on that. They leave a lasting impression! Miss you!!

Anonymous said...

Oh forgot to say it was me- Sue in Wasilla :-)

Hannah Hosh said...

I'm so glad you checked out Treadwell! I love it over there.