Thursday, July 23, 2009

My oldest is 28

Birthday season. My baby and my oldest each had one this month. Happy birthday Jacob! I'm glad you are back with us. Ed and Larry had one last month. We combined Ed, Larry and Jacob's birthdays and had a big roast dinner for them all on Friday night. It's so much fun when they all come over. And Steve's Mom and Helen came too. Tim, you missed the german chocolate cake... I miss making it for you. :-(((( And tomorrow it's Kelly's birthday. I love having a big family, and love that it keeps getting bigger.
Now if it can get bigger with babies...... :-)))))

Steve's been working around here doing various projects. He's redoing our entry way and making me a pantry. He's building me some shelves in my closet. He is almost finished with our dresser/entertainment/room divider thing. ( this one is gorgeous!) I see a pattern here.. could I possibly have too much stuff? No, not me. I'm not a pack rat who can't get rid of anything and keeps acquiring more. Not me. And I certainly don't have too much yarn. See, not too much.
I have beautiful glass doors on the cabinet now, but I haven't taken another picture. Yet. :-)

It's been raining and cloudy, misty this week. Steve took me to take pictures last Sunday at the downtown harbor. I love how the mountains and ocean look when it's cloudy. I remember when I first came to Juneau and thought cloudy days were ugly. Now I see the beauty in them, and would miss not having them. Sunday was a great day. Lots of pictures.

Well, it's time to go to work, so I'll post this and hit the road. Hope everyone's day is fab. Here are some pics.. from the birthday party and our cloudy day drive. Enjoy. I took this picture last week while it was still sunny... Steve called me from work and said that I should go take the Don Ables picture, the fireweed looked great. He was right!


This fireweed is growing in my backyard.. so pretty. I took pictures of the ducks the pond, didn't post them here though.
I love these kids!


"no, don't make me hit her!"







What a great day.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

wow! you have some pretty good pictures here.
love all the flowers, you seem to really enjoy life.
congrats!

Hannah Hosh said...

Oooh, I love all your yarn! I thought that it was a photo from Skeins at first. Haha!