Sunday, August 10, 2008

The Olympics and old friends

Well, it's almost 11pm on Sunday, and it's been a great day. It's been a day of rain, of worship and teaching, of old sweet friends, eating :-), a musical and the Olympics.
Dave and Teri Bruce and their kids came to Juneau for a short visit. ... I so enjoyed seeing them again. We had a rainy Saturday picnic at Sandy Beach yesterday, and then got to see them at church today. Everytime I go to church I am blessed, and convicted of areas in my life I am failing.
Kate and I had lunch with the Bruce's at Sue Badilla's house, a sweet time. Shelly and I went to see Mamma Mia when I got home.. I laughed and laughed.. it was a fun time.
Now I am sitting in my chair (my teri chair) watching the Olympics. They are so amazing.. I haven't watched them in awhile, this is the year to do it again. I just watched the mens relay, and we won gold by 8/100ths of a second. WOW.
Since it is time for the award ceremony, I'm gonna post some pictures and watch. :-)
These two were from Church today, and the next ones are from our Sandy Beach potluck.




No comments: