Saturday, April 9, 2011

Here she is, Eleanor Christine Peterson

On April 8, 2011 at 10:03 pm, Eleanor Christine Peterson came into the world.  My life will never be the same.  :-)
Erik texted me Thursday night after Bible Study that Miriah was having contractions, and they'd let me know if they went to the Birthing Center.  Oh my, I was excited... I barely slept, I kept waking up every hour afraid I wouldn't hear my phone if it rang. (I did the same thing when Kelly was in labor) :-))
I finally texted them at 7:30 on Friday, they were still at home but were heading in for a check at 11:30.  I ran to work, started on the bulletin, and thankfully had all the wording done when Erik said they were at the birthing center and staying there.  All coherent thought left my head and I finished work so fast, got home and told Steve we are leaving!  Can I change shoes he asked?  NO!  haha.  I was so afraid Miriah would have the baby without me there.  Again, I did the same thing with Kelly.  And yes, Tim and Katie I will do the same thing when it's your turn.  :-) Anyway, the birthing center is really nice, the midwives were awesome, and I got there with PLENTY of time.  :-)  I was so blessed to be able to be in the room with Erik and Miriah-- that was the first birth I have been to other than my own.  It was amazing, heartbreaking, amazing, the most wonderful experience of my life.  I went through so many emotions, and fell headlong into love the moment I laid eyes on Eleanor. And when Erik told me her name and why they chose it I just wanted to cry and cry.  I still get choked up thinking about it.
Miriah was so strong and sweet and wonderful; Erik supported and cared for her just the way I always hoped my sons would.  I am so very proud of them.  They made such a wonderful little girl.
God is so awesome and wonderful.
I got to go and see her again today, and she does indeed look like her Mama.  Joy.
Pictures?










                                                                7 lbs, 8oz  19 3/4" and perfect.



Erik put on his first diaper, followed by his first outfit,and Eleanor is the first baby he has held.  :-)








1 comment:

Ramfish said...

Janet, she is so so so precious. I can't wait to see her. She really is pretty great. Your pictures are AWESOME. Good job. Congrats your a gran!