Saturday, April 3, 2010

yum!

I had my very first butternut squash today, and I am hooked.  Lisa told me how to make a really easy soup; it was easy, cheap, healthy, and best of all delicious.  Oh, and I wasn't allergic to it.  :-))

Isn't it pretty?


This is what I did:
Peel and cut into cubes 2 butternut squash.  Place them in a 9x13 pan, sprinkle with salt and pepper and pour a bit of olive oil over it. Add about 1/2 a little bag of organic baby carrots.   Cover, and bake for an hour at 375 degrees.  Cut a big red bell pepper in half, take out the seeds and pop it in the oven beside the squash.  Take 2 organic chicken breasts, place them in a 8x8 pan, salt and pepper them, pour some olive oil on them.  Put them in the oven also.  They will all be done at the same time.  
Now pour a box of organic chicken broth in a pot. Add one can of coconut milk.  When you take your squash out of the oven just squash (haha) it with a fork a bit.  Add it to your broth.  Cut up your chicken and red pepper, add them also.  Heat and eat.  YUM. 
What made this sweet?  I loved it.  My bowl is empty, and I want more.  I'm gonna restrain myself though, I want it tomorrow.  I gave some to Jacob, he loved it too..... I'd better go hide me some. :-)

1 comment:

Kelly said...

Ew I want some real bad! Looks amazing!