Wednesday, July 16, 2008

flying adventures

My Dad is coming to Juneau for Erik's wedding. He was supposed to be here at 8:30 this evening. Well.. he called me from Houston and said they were delayed. Then he called me later and said they were all on the plane, but they had to get off because of mechanical problems.
Later yet, he called me and said "Guess where I am" He was in Calgary, Alberta. Canada! He was laughing, and saying they couldn't get off the plane and didn't know when they would finally be in Anchorage.
So tonight at 8:15, ( 20 minutes after the last plane left for Juneau) Dad called and said he was in Anchorage. He's gonna sleep in the airport, and leave tomorrow morning at 8:00am. I'm calling him at 6am to make sure he's awake, and then going back to sleep...he'll be here at 9:45am.. ready for breakfast and a nap.
I'm pooped! We have been working so hard, and we're almost done. It's after midnight, and I'm ready for sleep.
I'm glad Dad will be here in the morning, and Tim and Katie will be here at midnight tomorrow.
Pictures tomorrow!

No comments: