Sunday, July 27, 2008

This and that

It's Sunday around 11:15am, and I'm sitting here in my chair. I am sick yet again, (after never getting sick, I have been sick 2 times in the last month!), this time with strep throat. I sure hope no one else gets this, especially Steve since we are going out of town on Thursday.
My house is quiet, and it's raining outside. Yesterday afternoon the sun came out, and it was actually nice for a little while. This was the first time it has been nice since Erik and Miriah's wedding. Steve told me that it's not just Juneau that is cold, Anchorage has had it's coldest summer in a long time also. I hope winter isn't just rain, at least when it snows it is pretty. We've lit a fire in our wood stove twice in July, isn't that crazy?! But on the other hand, I am so thankful to have one to make our home dry and warm.

Erik Mason left last night for Costa Rica, we will miss you Erik! My Erik and Miriah will be coming home from their honeymoon on Tuesday or Wednesday. And then Steve and I are going to Seattle thanks to free tickets from Karla. I have never been to any part of Seattle other than the airport, I'm really looking forward to it.
I think that's about it for updates for now. I want to go and knit. Here are a few more pictures from the wedding.
I love having a big family, I just wish we could have all been there. We are missing Ed, Bill, Donna and their kids, John, and my Mom, Dale and brother Mike who are in Heaven.

1 comment:

Joy said...

Hi there! I just stepped here accidentally but I find your blog really nice. =)

I hope you get well soon, sore throat is the worst! I'm sick too and weather in here (Costa Rica) isn't cold.

Take care and keep on writing! =D

Blessings!